3 Smart Tips That Took This Millennial From Food Stamps To Millions

Three years ago, 27-year-old Kimra Luna was on food stamps. Today she’s making seven figures with her online personal branding and social media business. In high school, Luna was the girl with the giant pink mohawk, the kid others made fun of. Today, with her blue hair, facial piercings and punk rock style, her success comes from being true to herself.

lu
Luna helps others start online businesses around their personal strengths. And it’s not just millennials she’s helping. With over 40,000 members in her Freedom Hackers community, she works with folks in their 70’s.

Luna shares her inspiring journey from booking punk bands in Idaho, to becoming a mom living off food stamps, to discovering a business gold mine. Here are three of her top tips that can help you face your fears and find your freedom (in Luna’s words, condensed and edited):

1. Create Something Big

“I’m just a mom. What can I offer people?” That was a question from one of my students before she figured out the importance of what she was doing naturally. Now she has a six-figure business teaching moms how to organize their day and keep track of family budgets and finances. Whether we’re building our own business or working in a company where we can create change in this world and help people, we all have the skills to create something big.

2. Stop Hiding

I’m done hiding. Some people might look at me and think, “Kimra, you’re not hiding. You’re in the public spotlight.” But I mean “hiding” in the sense of not sharing the deepest things inside of me, the things that are vulnerable and authentic.

My word of the year is “vulnerable” because I think we’re in a time where most people are putting up masks. We’re using social media to showcase perfect Instagram photos, but we’re not really happy inside. And at the same time, we’re comparing our lives to the all those other perfect Instagram photos. We need more people sharing authentic and inspiring stories because that will help uplift us out the fear many people are experiencing in these times. I believe the more vulnerable I am, the more I can help others. I want to spend my time with people who inspire me, people who are real and vulnerable.

3. Get Out There

Procrastination comes from multiple places. It can be a fear of success, a fear of failure or a fear of what other people think of you. Too often people let doubt take over and get stuck in “I need to test it more. Just one more tweak.” Sometimes you need to do that, but too often you are allowing doubt to take over and if you doubt yourself, you’re telling the universe that you don’t fully believe in it.

Sometimes I have to give some of my students a swift kick in the butt and tell them, “Hey, you’ve been sitting on this project for so long. You’re not serving anybody by sitting. If you truly are telling me, “These are the people I want to serve. These are the people I want to help,” but you’re still not doing anything to do that, then maybe that’s not really true. You’re telling me one thing, but you’re not doing it—why should I believe you?

To be wealthy, not just moneywise, but your health, life and happiness, you have to decide what you want in life. Then you have to take the action that goes with that decision.

There are multiple types of fear and there’s not one solution, but one thing I’ve seen work is to take the leap. Once you take the leap, the fear starts to diminish because you start having results. And what’s the worst that can happen? If you don’t go out there you can’t get that client. But if you get that first client and they have great results, that fills you. That makes you lose that doubt. The best way to get past fear is to just take the action.

If things don’t work, I don’t see it as a huge failure or flop. I see it as: “It didn’t work out, it’s okay. There was a lesson I learned. Move on. There are people I can serve over here.” You can’t know what the result is going to be until you do it. It’s just freaking get out there!

Source:Forbes